One of the great things about the internet is that it’s such a great way to get into business for yourself. No matter where you live, as long as you have an internet connection, you can make money online.
That money can free you from the daily grind of a 9 to 5 job, allow you to travel, indulge in hobbies, and spend time with family.
Perhaps the second best part about making money online is that there are so many ways to do it!
Below is a list of 5 top ways of making money online for 2018.
1. Affiliate Marketing
You probably already know affiliate marketing as it’s one of the most “veteran” online moneymakers out there.
In a nutshell, here’s how it works:
- You set up a website or blog or social media presence or email newsletter or whatever.
- You pick a hot affiliate niche market — one with many potential customers. Look at trends and what’s hot on sites like Amazon, for example.
- You provide useful content as well as marketing messages aimed at your prospects.
- When you promote products, you don’t sell your own. Instead, you become an affiliate and market the products of others. When customers on your site click on a link to buy, they are taken to your affiliate partner’s site to complete the transaction. You get a commission for every completed sale.
2. Selling on Amazon, eBay, and Etsy
One of the quickest ways to get started selling online is to leverage the power of “third-party” sites. E-commerce giants like Amazon, eBay, and Etsy are powerful sales and marketing platforms with a built-in prospect base. Millions of people already visit these sites to shop. And they are ready to buy — that’s why they visited the site, after all.
On these sites, you can set up your own “shop” where customers can browse your products on offer — no need for you to set up your own website or anything. And you’ll find a built-in search feature so that interested prospects will find your particular online storefront.
Yes, good old blogging is still chugging along in 2018. By providing valuable content on a regular basis you attract like-minded prospects who are interested in information and products related to your niche.
But, importantly, you also make your website, your online storefront, very attractive in the eyes of Google when you frequently and consistently add useful information in the forms articles, video, and more. That means you appear higher in the search engine rankings (most people don’t go beyond the first page). And that means more people — prospective buyers — make it to your site.
One thing to keep in mind with a blog: make sure you focus on a specific niche and stick with it. That will make it easier for you to create content, for the search engines to find and rank your site, and for your prospects to stay loyal.
- Your Own YouTube Channel
The top “YouTubers” can make millions each year. But you don’t need millions of views to make money on YouTube.
Some ideas for valuable videos: how-to’s, unboxing (where you open a product for your viewers), reviews, travel, music, comedy… the list goes on. There are so many niches that the millions of people who visit YouTube every day are into.
So how do you make money on YouTube?
- Set up your YouTube channel. This is where your videos will live.
- Upload videos consistently. Keep a schedule so you can build an audience. Be sure to describe the content specifically, in your video description. Make sure your videos are of good quality and contain good content your audience will enjoy. That doesn’t mean you need a fancy camera — a smartphone will do at the beginning.
- Put the word out on Twitter, Facebook, to your email marketing list, and beyond. You can even share the videos on social media or embed them on your blog or website. You want to build up those views.
- Be sure to respond to comments from viewers. Stay engaged to create fans.
- Monetize by allowing YouTube to include ads on your videos. When viewers click on an ad, you get paid (you split that with Google). The more views = more revenue for you.
5. Develop Apps
Smartphones…everybody’s got one these days, whether it’s iPhone or Android. Tablets are popular, too. What do people use them for? It’s all about the apps. Social media, games, useful tools, fun stuff.
But you can come up with a niche idea that addresses a need that people have and create an app that meets that need.
You should also create your app so that it works on both Android smartphones and Apple iPhones. That way you maximize your customer base.
Read also: 5 ways the rich in Ghana waste their money
www.primenewsghana.com/ Ghana News